Monday 27 December 2010

Boxing day?

Well I hope everyone has had a good Christmas and have had a wonderful time with family and friends!!!
Being Mexican, I have a bit of a query that I hope anyone of the visitors to my blog that are clients from cruise.co.uk or from our Forums, cruises.co.uk might be able to answer my query regarding Boxing day? 

I could look it up on the Internet, but I am hoping someone might be able to answer me direct.

MY BURNING QUESTION:

Why is the day after Christmas day called Boxing day?

1.  Is it because there is a big Boxing Match?












2.  Is it because it involves boxes?












3.  Is it because it involves all the boxes left over from Christmas? 
    If it is, then it should be called Re-Cycling Boxes day!!!

4.  Is it because there is mad rush to the stores to exchange the gifts that you did not like, fit in, etc.  and this might cause a boxing fight in the stores?
5.  Or, finally, is it just a good excuse to have an extra day off to recuperate from all the eating and drinking??!!


CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME PLEASE???

Once again, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment