Saturday 11 December 2010

Top ten reasons why being Mexican is better than British:

10.  I can play any sport wearing just my chanclas (sandals.)
9.    I can be in a 4-passenger car with 7 people in it and shouting "subanse,  todavia caben,” which means, “Get in, there is still some space!!”  So, Health and Safety go right out the window.
8.    I have a bottle of Bacardi or Tequila in my house right now, actually, I have 3 bottles of Tequila.
7.    I can, 9.0 out of 10 times depend on the weather, which is either hot or rainy.
6.    All beers are served ice-cold with a lime wedge in them!
5.    I can sort any driving infraction right there and then, no penalty points, no speed cameras and no need to go to court (I DO NOT recommend for everyone to try this.) 
4.    I have no need to de-ice the outside of my car in the morning, especially this time of the year.  And if you have a car like mine, you also have to de-ice the inside of it!!!!!
3.    I can go swimming in just my swimming trunks (or less) NO need for a wet/dry suit.
2.    I can curse in Spanish and no one understands me, which is great!!
1.    I can get away with naming my son Diego (and NO, he is not named after Diego Maradona who is Argentinean, my son is named after Diego Riviera and San Juan Diego.)
¡VIVA MEXICO!

No comments:

Post a Comment